WANNA PLAY BALL?
The 48 Ballers are 1948′s very own basketball sports club, who meet every Sunday at 1pm for 3 on 3s at our local court, Aske Gardens. If you wanna play ball, check out their tips on getting started below.
1. Have your cardiovascular game up! Aside from having the skills, with basketball you are consistently spiriting so get your breathing in check.
2. Practice. Practice. Practice. If you are new, get into a court when it is empty and start on your lay ups, then your dribbling and so on. You gotta work on the basics first, you can mould the rest later.
3. Get fit. It’s a contact sport so you should try get as fit as possible to get the better of your opponent.
4. Watch the sport and learn how to play the game. Watch good basketball, not just NBA games but college games too. There are guys who have great skills but but don’t know how to play the game.
5. Finally you gotta be a good team mate and you gotta come with a good attitude! Be a good sport, if you’re not then b-ball isn’t for you.
Watch the sport and learn how to play the game.